Workplace First Aid
This certificated course is designed to motivate and train a person to be the First Aid person capable of providing immediate first aid assistance in any situation.
Attendees are trained to a high standard of patient care with both instructor and peer assessment throughout the course. More than 50% of the course is practical so that attendees gain competency with the various First Aid techniques.
This is a 8 hour course made up of 8 hours class time.
Who should attend?
Persons over the age of sixteen who are to be appointed as the designated First Aid person in the Workplace and people wanting a thorough knowledge of First Aid.
The Unit Standards associated with this course are:
6400 Manage First Aid in an Emergency Situation – Version 6, Level 3, Credits 2
6401 Provide First Aid – Version 6, Level 2, Credits 1
6402 Provide Basic Life Support – Version 8, Level 1, Credits 1
If you would like these credits logged with NZQA, please provide your NZQA number or NSN number and your date of birth to your MediTrain Instructor.
- Overview of regulations relating to accidents in the workplace
- Approaching an Accident Scene
- Scene Safety
- Scene Assessment & management
- Primary Assessment
- Rescue Breathing – adult / child / infant
- CPR – adult / child / infant
- Choking – adult / child / infant – Conscious and Unconscious
- Basics of Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- External and Internal bleeding
- Shock & Recovery Position
- Heart Conditions
- Heart Attack
- Illness Assessment
- Burns & Scalds
- Fractures & dislocations
- Soft Tissue Injuries – sprains & strains